Natural Beekeeping

Top Bar ApiRevolution has begun! Lets make some inexpensive Top Bar Hives and let them be pesticide free on their own natural comb! Che Guebee is a rebel bee fighting for the survival of the Biodiversity we all depend on and which is seriously endangered by deforestation and mono-crop agriculture! What kind of teaching have you got if you exclude nature?

Monday, September 2, 2013

Bee Group Mykorrhiza Inauguration Day

Bee Group Mykorrhiza decided to open its doors to new members again. The door was closed for a while for the need to re-organize the groups goals.
The group started keeping bees in a conventional hive last year and when Top Bar Hive beekeeping came into the picture some members started showing resistance towards it. This created a very unpleasant situation within the group. Some people left, some stayed and others joined in.
Since then the group reorganised and got two more colonies but this time in horizontal Top Bar Hives. The conventional hive is also still in operation and the group decided to keep it for comparison.

Yesterday was the Inauguration Day of the Bee Group Mykorrhiza and quite a few new people interested in keeping bees showed up :)
 Viktor proudly presenting the swarm colony he caught this year
which was placed into this top bar hive built by him.
 Some of the visitors are looking for the first time into a top bar hive colony 
being amazed by the white natural comb hanging freely from the ceiling :)
This colony is developing nicely

Besides checking the top bar hives we also extracted some honey from the conventional hive and afterwards we watched the movie "Queen of the Sun".

3 comments:

  1. Hi, where is this group based? I live in Malmö and I thought there was a group there but on the website I couldn't find information about the group, if was still alive. I'm sorry I missed the start of the reformed group... if this is in Malmö I'd be interested in checking it out, is it still possible to join?

    -Emilie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emilie,
      Yes you are welcome to join us. We moved our hives to Alnarp University.
      Just write an email to mykorrhiza (on web page) and ask the to give you Viktor's email address. He is one of the 3 who are incharge of the Bigrup Mykorrhiza i Alnarp.

      You can also join us in Holma this Sunday kl 10. I will be building a Top Bar Hive for Holma Skogsträdgård. They are having a familjedag på Söndag.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for replying :) I'll look into the group thing! I'd love to come to Holma but sadly I am busy on Sunday. I get the Holma newsletter and when I found out I would miss this top bar event I wanted to see if there were any other events planned, and that is how I found your blog. I have no experience with beekeeping but I am very interested in it, especially natural beekeeping where there is respect for the bees. I hope you get nice weather on Sunday!

      Delete